The Life of Spiritual Disciplines | Retreat
by Andrew Noe
At Youth Ministry Conversations, we believe you know your group best. This means our resources look a little different than what you may have experienced in the past. We try and create a “buffet” of material so you can choose and pick what works best for your group. You will find ideas, instructions, and possibilities in this packet all related to the theme of “The Life of Spiritual Disciplines.” How you use them, and how you structure your retreat weekend is up to you. We hope you enjoy this resource.
The content of this retreat is based on Spiritual Disciplines, those we do for ourselves, those we do for others, and those we do with others. By aiming our lives at God and growing these skills and habits, we can hope to enjoy the peace in our hearts and lives that God is offering. Though the world is often stressful and difficult, by having God’s peace in our hearts we can face the challenges. This retreat is aimed at helping us bring a little more peace to the world, by starting with ourselves, who are a piece to the large puzzle.
In this packet you will find:
1. A sample schedule
2. Easy meal ideas for large groups
3. Game ideas
4. Service project ideas
5. Session 1 – Large Group Session
6. Session 2 – Large Group Session
7. Session 3 – Individual Session
8. Session 4 – Large Group Session
9. Session 5 – A Worship Service (and resources)
10. Examples of the art (if you chose to create it)
The Life of Spiritual Disciplines and Logos ($45)
Download a sample here.
* Note: Purchases should be made on a computer rather than a mobile device, since the purchased file will be a zip file. Once uncompressed, you will have a folder with all needed resource files, and you may then move those to smartphones and tablets if needed.
The Story of Christ is written by Andrew Noe
Andrew Noe enjoys superheroes and trying to be funny. He is married to the wonderful and amazing Hannah Noe and has a beautiful daughter named Gwendolyn. They also have a super intelligent dog named Daphne, and a water-obsessed cat named Ellie. He works at Georgetown College in Kentucky and runs www.youthministryconversations.com as his passion project. Email him at AndrewNoe@youthministryconversations.com.